Although Greek goddesses come in all shapes and sizes, a distinguishing characteristic are their dreamy bedroom eyes and yellow undertones. Greek girl eyes tend to be deep-set. This makes them mysterious. Because deep-set eyes are sunken in the facial bone structure, sheer, light makeup is needed to help draw them out. Follow these simple steps to bring the mystery out of those dark beauties and watch Ulysses get lured back home.
1) Moisten a cotton pad with a non-oily eye makeup remover and sweep over the eye socket. This will help remove all oil, grime, and residue from the eye area.
2) Using warm H2O, moisten a washcloth and gently wipe away the remover and soil from the entire face. You should be glowing by now…
3) Place 2-3 dots of flesh-colored concealer or foundation underneath each eye to remove those dark circles that dreamy-eyed girls inherited from Giagia. Repeat the same step on each eyelid. Make sure to blend using a makeup sponge or better yet, use your hands. Be gentle here. You can also experiment by using gold-shaded makeup for added sparkle.
4) Sweep a light frosted color from the lashes right up to the brow using a sponge-tipped applicator to open up and bring eyes forward.
5) Lighten the under eye area using a cream-colored eye makeup shade.
6) Line only the upper lashline in a medium eye makeup tone, lifting the line at the end. Try using bronze, cocoa, tangerine, golden brown or gold shades.
7) Apply a thin stroke of eyeliner on the lashline and extend just past the eye. You can make the line thicker at the end of the lashline for a more dramatic look. Experiment with a dark plum shade for variation; you can always fall back on your standard black or brown eyeliner staple.
8) Coat your lashes with brown, brown-black, or blackest black mascara, making them long and luxurious. Viola! Your eyes are all set for center stage.
(P.S.) Don’t forget to groom that over-grown brow. The combination of a well-groomed brow, a defined lashline, and sheer makeup will make the most of your goddess assets.
GreekAmericangirl.com recommends these products to bring out the mystery in them beauties:
If you haven’t heard of the Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder then where have you been the last couple of months?! Ben Nye is a brand that specialises in theatrical makeup but their face powders have become very popular and in particular their Banana Luxury Powder used by Kim Kardashian’s makeup artist and also infamous for its use as a highlight setting powder especially among women of color. The reason it has become such a cult product is because many women of different skin tones are able to use the shade ‘Banana’ for setting their highlighted areas without leaving an ashy or grey cast. In fact, many retailers have sold out of this product due to the sudden high demand and you may have to pre-order it to secure yourself one.
Jamaal Buster Eyelashes
In case your eyelashes are thin, make ’em pop out with
these falsies that look like naturals. Jamaal has established a reputation in the beauty industry as the highest authority when it comes to lashes.
Ja’Maal’s lash salon was highlighted by Vogue US in May 2006 as the “country’s best lash salon”. His talents soon had him working with top make-up artists in both LA and New York which found him creating bespoke lashes for photo shoots and celebrities.
He now works regularly with Barbadian songstress Rihanna and has a notable celebrity following such as Beyoncé Knowles and Britney Spears sporting his lashes on their current tours.
Ja’Maal Buster has officially launched his brand ‘Just Lashes’ in Europe, offering flutter conscious females a variety of false lashes for that coveted celebrity look, giving their eyes the chance to dazzle!
Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara
What it is:A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular “out-to-here” look.
What it does:
This breakthrough bestseller reveals lashes you never knew you had! The specially designed brush features staggered bristles that grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief. The custom-domed tip uses precision bristles to lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes. With a glossy, jet-black, long-wearing formula, you’ll flaunt luxurious, silky lashes that won’t smudge, clump, or dry out. True story!
What else you need to know:
Go horizontal! The staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume. Then go vertical! The custom-domed tip with precision bristles lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes.
Repechage Eye Rescue Pads
Instantly cooling and soothing relief is at your fingertips for tired, puffy, irritated eyes. Repechage Eye Rescue Pads with Seaweed and 4 select species of natural tea work to depuff’, de-stress and breathe new life into the delicate eye area. Green and black teas rich in natural anti-oxidant polyphenols act as powerful free radical scavengers to combat signs of environmental and lifestyle stresses. Two unique teas from South America provide additional beautifying benefits; one from Brazil delivers toning properties, while another from Paraguay reduces puffiness. These natural infusions combined with the moisture replenishing, anti-aging powers of seaweed make Repechage Eye Rescue Pads the ultimate 10 minute vacation for eyes.