I am available for workshops, meetings, speaking engagements. special projects and general consulting work. I give workshops and one-on-one sessions from my artist space located in Astoria/LIC.
In my 22 years, I have run several successful workshops including:
- Mapping Myself: using maps as metaphors, we create a metaphysical and fantastical map of our lives as we have lived them and how we wish to live them
- Wisdom of the Herb: An eco-walk to forage for and learn about wild herbs to be used in preparation of herbal infusions; we will learn about the health benefits and preparation of most common herbs and create our own herbal infusions
- Dream journaling and dream incubation leads to a vision board and finally culminates in a sky lantern ceremony
- Poetic centering session that prods participants to explore their feelings and uncover deep imagery through analysis of poetry related to a theme or issue
- Embodying the god/dess through drama and movement; reliving the truth of myths through art, drama, and dance
- Healing Trauma through Drama: using excerpts of specific Greek plays for their insights into human behavior, family dynamics, and the hero’s journey. Through psychodramatic techniques we extract the wisdom that ancient Greek thought has to give our lives at the present.
- Photographing History: creating photo-essays or photo collages of our personal or collective histories; creating a “Shadow Box” to include memories and mementos of a specific person or time
- Encaustic painting workshop: learn the ancient technique of “enkaustikos” that uses melted wax and damar resin to spread pigments on wood or other porous surfaces
- Memoir Project: brings memoir writing techniques to have participant pen a chapter of their lives either as chapter, graphic novel, or video
- Who am I?: a series of writing, visual arts and sculpture activities that explore identity
For the late spring/summer season, you will find me in my native Greece where I offer these same workshops at my Spiritual Sanctuary in the Cyclades (the circle of islands where the god of light, healing, and the arts, Apollo, was born). I run weekly “Reconnect to Your God/dess Retreats that include Mediterranean cooking, herbal healing, traditional arts and crafts, as well as transformative exercises using ancient archetypes to tap into each participant’s inner divinity.
To keep up with courses/workshops, make sure to sign up to my newsletter